Monday, May 2, 2011

¡Dos de Mayo!

Cinco de Mayo came a little early today at the school as we had a little celebration of our own. As I stopped by the teacher’s lounge to put my lunch in the fridge, the room was filled with balloons, donuts, breakfast casseroles, and other sweet treats. There were also pictures of the American flag and the navy seal emblem. I had simply assumed that everyone was in high spirits because of the events that had occurred late last night. Little did I know those pictures were just to disguise the fact that all the morning goodies were for me; celebrating my last week and for having a successful semester. I felt so special and I am very grateful. Then at lunch I had another surprise waiting for me. This cute pink bag!!!


What’s in the bag? Well it is a few little things that will make my first days as a teacher extra special. It isn’t so much the actual items in the bag but the added note that came along. It was given to me by one of the other teachers at the school who, along with the other faculty and staff, I have grown very fond of. A part of the note read, “Thanks for being part of our school family and bringing sunshine to our day.” It is hard to come in during a semester and feel like you belong at the end of those weeks. I am glad to know that I am considered family at the Shelby County Area Technology Center. Gaining members to an educational family that is willing to offer their experiences and resources to help me become a better teacher...now that's something to celebrate!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet thing to do! I imagine that folks would not have thought to do this had you not made a great impression on them Shonda. I have heard so much good about you throughout this semester. Congratulations on a job well-done!! Melissa Gibson

    ReplyDelete